Cloud computing is simply defined as the delivery of a number of hosted services via the internet. Businesses can choose between hosting their IT services in physical servers or have them hosted in the cloud, and small to medium business owners are increasingly embracing cloud computing. This paradigm can be attributed to the realisation that the cloud has many benefits compared to physical servers. If you are wondering whether to shift to the cloud or not, wonder no more--- our IT support team in London is here to help you decide.
Types of Cloud Computing Services
There are three main types of cloud computing services offered by an IT consultant in London:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - This will give you access to web infrastructures such as servers, storage space, and connections.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) - These are created inside IaaS to afford you scalability.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) - Software is deployed and maintained via the cloud.
What are the Benefits of Cloud Computing?
There are many benefits that cloud computing boasts. Here are the main four benefits:
- Self-service provisioning - This means that you as the end user can adjust the computer resources you need for your business without having to rely on an IT support provider in London to do it for you.
- Elasticity - You can easily scale up and scale down depending on your firm’s demand for cloud computing resources.
- Pay per use - This is important because it ensures that you only pay for the resources that you will have used.
- Migration flexibility - You can easily migrate your firm’s workloads to and from the cloud with ease.
As seen above, there are many benefits to using cloud computing services. At Wem Technology, we are an IT support provider in London committed to helping companies choose the most ideal IT solutions for their businesses. Contact us to learn more about cloud computing and other services.