IT support experts in London have ways on how to avoid and deal with network failures. Prevention is especially important for small and medium-sized businesses that do not have enough funds to recover in the face of such disasters.
Data loss will definitely interfere with the day-to-day activities of the company. Some major causes of data loss may be human errors or even cyber-attacks. Thus, SMBs need to take proactive measures in order to avoid any network failures and be able to move on swiftly even when the network fails. The following steps will help you to avoid a network failure:
Being prepared for a disaster involves taking certain proactive steps. To know how to be fully prepared for a disaster, you must first know all your system’s shortcoming. The second most important thing is devising ways in which you will curb the weaknesses in your system in order to keep your network secure.
It is essential that you try to figure out possible causes for your system failure. Inspect every bit of your software and hardware. Carefully examine any possible external and internal factor that can cause network problems. According to IT consultants in London, you should be able to ascertain the following in the process:
- Test your backup process often
- Ensure any custom-made software that you are using can be updated or reinstalled when necessary
- Ensure that all data including those that are stored on mobile devices are backed up on a regular basis
- Figure out how fast you can respond to downtime and minimise possible damage
- Ensure adequate protection from viruses and hackers by changing passwords whenever your employees exit your company
- Keep your backups in an offsite location which can be accessed fast in the event of fire, floods or disc corruption
- Be sure that your business can come on track without much distractions in case of a network failure
How to Prevent Network Failures
The following are steps advised by IT support experts in London to avoid network failures:
- Problems may arise due to data loss, and for this reason, SMBs are advised to back up their data every day to avoid any downtimes.
- You should monitor your server drives to ensure that they are not full. Full server drives usually cause program crashes and slow email delivery.
- It is essential that you inspect your backup procedures frequently. It could be very daunting for you to realise that all along your data has not been back up the way it should. By then, it could even be too late, as you will have lost so much. It is also advisable to ensure that your employees follow the proper backup procedures on their mobile devices.
- Do regular reviews of built-in logs. This will help you identify small issues and correct them before they become a major problem.
- Enable your virus and firewall protection to evade vulnerabilities to viruses.
IT problems can be a big setback for SMBs. At Wem Technology, our IT support experts in London can help you counter network issues. Contact us now for more information on how we can help you with IT-related issues.