To Comply with your Customer Contracts Do You Need to Have a Robust Disaster Recovery Plan?
A Datto Local and Cloud Backup will let you Recover Everything from Lost Documents to Broken Servers. Getting you Back in Business FAST
Local and Cloud Backup (Hybrid Backup) combines the advantages of ‘On-Premise‘ backup and Cloud backup to provide comprehensive protection of your data and systems. Easily retrieve lost or deleted files, or more importantly, entire servers due to hardware failure as part of an overall business continuity plan.
This most traditional of backups normally takes the form of external hard drives, tape drives, USB drives, and network attached storage (NAS) kept at your office. Typically you would perform a daily incremental backup, full weekly and a monthly backup.
- Complicated Process Data backup requires a commitment to a media rotation and a replacement plan – neither simple nor quick.
- Error-prone Inserting, rotating, labelling, storing, off-siting and finding tapes for recovery purposes all rely on manual processes which introduce errors, especially if the nominated person isn’t checking the backup.
- Time consuming Weekly full backups take time and involve large backup volumes.
- Untested and slow restores Backup media is very rarely tested and is very slow to restore.
- Inadequate storage Media is often stored on-site rather than off-site in a secure environment.
- Limited scalability Expanding data libraries is expensive and cumbersome.
- Easily damaged and hard to maintain Data on a removable storage medium can be easily lost or damaged.
- Obsolescence Modern systems could be incompatible with older media.
The main advantages of on-premise backups:
- Data readily available for quick restores With proper on-site backups, you can recover from data loss due to intentional or unintentional deletion, viruses, and hardware failure with minimal downtime
- Internet service not required Saving on costs and support.
- Low cost Cheap local storage options allow you to keep multiple copies of backup data easily.
Off-site Cloud backup includes software that locates and prioritises files for backup, and then securely transmits encrypted copies of those files to off-site data centres
- Slow restore speeds Restore speeds over the internet can be excruciatingly slow.
- Dependence on third parties You have to trust another company to maintain your data assets.
- Data Media You don’t own the media your data is stored
- Data stored off-site Safe from any local catastrophe (as simple as a burst pipe).
- Secure data Storage meets the strictest compliance requirements.
- Affordable No capital expenditure. Pay for what you use when you use it.
- Simple Cloud backup solutions have made ongoing management and restoration easy. With just a few clicks of the mouse, backed up files can be easily found and restored.
- Automatic Backup time is one of the most commonly stated reasons companies aren’t backing up their data. With cloud backup, files are backed-up to the cloud automatically and continuously, whenever you’re connected to the Internet.
Utilise the advantages of Datto on-premise and cloud backup to achieve Backup, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery at the same time.
Online cloud storage company Dropbox has revealed that the details of more than 60 million accounts were stolen in a previously announced breach. The company confirmed it forced password changes for a number of accounts following the breach. The announcement highlights the ongoing … Read more
Samsung has stopped selling its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, just weeks after its launch, following 35 cases of exploding batteries. Buyers of the phone have been posting videos and photos showing the device with melted screens and battery packs, reporting … Read more
It’s clear from recent headlines that ransomware is a growing problem. The number of reported incidents is rising and the reason why is simple – people and businesses are paying their attackers. There is help on hand, though. ‘No More … Read more
Sometimes, the biggest threat to a business lies within – that’s the lesson that Citibank learnt when a disgruntled employee managed to shut down 90 per cent of its US network. Lennon Ray Brown, who worked full-time for Citibank, was … Read more