Minecraft Education Edition is an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. For more information, including resources to get started, visit https://education.minecraft.net
- Reference the FAQ
- Training videos here
- Access general help in the Knowledge Base
- Contact customer support team
Get Started with the Essentials
Minecraft: Education Edition features
Classroom Mode. This is the companion app for Minecraft: Education Edition that shows:
- A map view of the Minecraft world
- A list of all the students in the world
- The ability for a teacher to teleport students
- A chat window to communicate with students and grant resources
Classroom Mode is provided for educators who may want to observe student activity without being in the game.
- Easy Classroom Collaboration Educators have told us that one of the greatest benefits of Minecraft: Education Edition is the ability for students to collaborate together to build projects and solve problems. An entire classroom of up to 30 students can play in a world together with no separate server setup required. Or, students can work together in pairs or groups simply by joining their classmates’ world.
- Non-Player Characters Educators may create an NPC (Non-Player Character) to act as a guide for students in the game, giving instruction, providing more information, and also allowing educators to insert an active web link to additional references.
- Camera + Portfolio This gives the ability to collect evidence of learning in the game, and being able to demonstrate student progression. The camera and portfolio features allow students to take screenshots of their work and document the development of their projects.
Creators can use chalkboards to:
- Communicate learning goals
- Provide additional information and give explicit instructions within the game
Chalkboards come in three different sizes – Slate (1×1), Poster (2×1), and Board (2×3).
Simple, Secure Sign-in
Individual student and teacher log-ins with Office 365 Education accounts ensure data privacy & security while playing
For educators or students new to Minecraft, a tutorial world is available that will guide players on in-game navigation, crafting, and placing and breaking blocks.
Version 1.0 Features
In January 2017, updated Minecraft: Education Edition to facilitate game-based learning for educators and administrators, including:
- Global Pause to take a quick break
- Accessibility features like text to speech for in-game chat
- Easier settings announcement experience
- 256-word height for greater building capabilities
- Complete gameplay from your first night to The End dimension
- Igloos and Polar Bears in snowy biomes
The convenience of the digital age keeps us operating and connected. Even as the pandemic has stalled large parts of daily life, an abundance of business and communication continues to persist. Technology provides a workplace at our fingertips. It’s instantaneous, … Read more
Malware is a direct threat to your computers and your enterprise as a whole. In particular, DealPly adware is wreaking havoc at businesses across the land by evading detection while abusing Microsoft and McAfee. Our London IT consulting team is … Read more
Technology plays a vital role in the workplace and partnering with an IT support provider in London can help optimise your office with the latest tech. An IT companies in London can guarantee your company has access to cutting-edge technology, … Read more
Managed IT services company in London can help you choose the right service mode for your business. It is essential that you get the best possible deal for your organisation. However, managed service contracts are highly detailed and can be … Read more